Progress report #1: Initial netcode and map editor exporting
Lately I have been working on initial netcode implementation. I have also added save/load and export functionality to the map editor.
For netcode I almost copy pasted the functionality from older projects. The netcode is mostly based on the model described in Source Multiplayer Networking wiki-page.
Here is a crude list of things I have been doing lately after initial lightmapper work.
- Entity selection in editor (Implemented as GPU Picking)
- Entity transformation by leveraging ImGuizmo
- Spawn point entity
- Editor project save/load (pure binary)
- Map export from editor + client/server load
- Server authoritative netcode first steps
- Code clean-ups (remove unnecessary templating, fix warnings etc)
- Improved logging
Next big thing I will work on will be the initial implementation of character collision and movement.